Welcome to SFR Station, authors! We seek to offer a safe port for science fiction romance written by self-published and small-press authors. Gaining exposure can be hard in this genre, especially on the major eBook retailers. Our goal is to make it easier for readers to find great SFR and new authors by offering authors a place where their books can be somewhat-equal fish in a smaller pond.
How Equal Is Somewhat-Equal?
Listings on SFR Station are displayed by date added, newest first. But we don’t want your books to become buried and never seen! So we’ve added features to the website to make it easier for your books to be found.
We give readers many ways to find books they’ll enjoy, including but not limited to: by author, by pairing type, by sub-genre, and a bunch of specific tags as well.
But that’s not all! The homepage and sidebar of all the post pages on the site display random books to catch a reader’s eye. And each of the Browse Pages also displays a selection of random books.
We also feature related content at the bottom of each book’s page so that readers may find something new in the same realm of what they’re already looking at.
We hope that this gives readers and authors many opportunities to get in front of new eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are You Directly Selling These Books?
No. SFR Station does not directly sell or distribute books. We provide an easier way to find great Science Fiction Romance books by providing details about the book and purchase links to other vendors, such as Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple Books, and Google Play, plus many others through our Books2Read links.
Is There A Cost or Catch?
There is no cost. All books are listed in the inventory free of cost. We do use Amazon Affiliate links, so we gain a very small fee from Amazon if someone buys a book from the site via the Amazon button. While we are not collecting affiliate commission from the other vendors at this time, that may change in the future.
We hope to offer “Featured” services in the future, which will let authors purchase weekly or monthly feature spots, host giveaways or do contests, but this is far in the future and not available currently.
What Do You Accept?
To be accepted, your book must be…
- Science Fiction Romance (?) (See this post)
- All heat levels
- Indie/Self-published, Small-Press Published, Imprints
- Quality-edited with a Nice Cover
- Currently Published / Available. No Pre-orders.
- 3.8-star or higher rating on Amazon, unless you have zero reviews because it’s a new release by an established SFR Station author.
- For new SFR Station Authors, your book should have at least 5 reviews with a total rating of 3.8 stars or above on Amazon if you’ve never submitted to the Station before.
What Do You NOT Accept?
To be accepted, your book must NOT be…
- Science Fiction with ‘romantic elements’
- Dubious/No Consent (NO exceptions)
- Erotica without romance
- Paranormal (vampires, werewolves, dragon, etc.) Some science fiction romances contain these elements. We assess these on a case-by-case basis.
- Time travel romance by means of a paranormal element
- Newsletter exclusive or BookFunnel only books. Your book must be for sale on major retailers including Amazon.
- Unedited / Poor-quality cover (We’re serious about this. Your cover should be professional, your author name and title clearly legible, and should not contain things like the word “by.”)
- Major publisher imprints will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Even if you meet the requirements, we retain full editorial discretion about what we add to the Station. If we see poor reviews or reviews that mention story elements that we do not accept, your book will be deleted from the queue.
Feature Post, Guest Post, or New Release Post Requests?
We currently are not taking anything other than book listings.
When Readers Subscribe to SFR Station, What Do They Get In An Email?
We have a newsletter that will send to subscribers once per week that will list the latest additions to the SFR Station website. This will be free of charge for both readers and authors.
How Do I Get My Book Listed Or Changed on SFR Station?
We have a form for you to fill out. Please use the contact form to alert us.
How Can I Get My Book Removed?
We also have a form for you to fill out to remove books from this site. Please use the contact form to alert us.
Who Are You?
Hi! I’m S. J. Pajonas, and I’m a self-published author with a love for Science Fiction Romance. I completely understand how hard it can be for authors in this genre to get exposure, so I took over this website with the express purpose of bringing more readers to this awesome genre. You can learn more about me at https://www.spajonas.com/about/
What is Science Fiction Romance?
*(?)Science Fiction Romance: To qualify, the driving force of your book must be the romance. Romance moves the story forward, and without it, your story would fall apart. It can also drive the main characters forward, in character-driven novels like space opera, which in-turn drives the story. It cannot be a sub-plot, an afterthought, or just something that ‘kinda happens’ – that would be Science Fiction with ‘romantic elements’.